Leader of Frankfurt Office Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, International Arbitration, Product Liability & Mass Torts
Ulrich Helm counsels companies on complex national and cross-border disputes concerning energy and infrastructure projects. He draws on his many years of experience in out-of-court negotiations, mediation, dispute adjudication board proceedings, litigation and arbitration. Clients seek Ulrich and his team for help solving disputes efficiently through a planned approach.
International companies turn to Ulrich for representation, as he has advised on projects in over 20 countries. He focuses on power plant projects, offshore wind farms, electrical grids, oil & gas (upstream), special ships and tunnel construction, as well as public private partnerships (PPP). Clients can leverage his deep knowledge base of technology in these areas.
- A German utility company in an ICC arbitration of €400 million against an offshore wind farm operator.
- A German machinery manufacturer in an ICC arbitration proceeding for >€200m EUR against a foreign consortium for defects and consequential damages under Swiss and French law.
- A German utility company in >€150m ICC arbitration proceedings against a Korean power plant constructor due to delay, malfunctions and claims for defects under English law.
- A German supplier in connection with DIS arbitration proceedings on delay, disruption and acceleration claims in connection with a German offshore wind farm project; amount in dispute >€80m.
- A German contractor in 17 parallel DIS arbitration proceedings concerning numerous defect claims of a pulp mill project; amount in dispute > €100m.
- Recognized for Construction Law, Arbitration/Litigation - Best Lawyers
- Recommended for Construction, "Ulrich Helm is much admired by peers for his strategic thinking" - Who is Who Legal
- "Recommended lawyer for Construction” by Expert Guides
- Key figure in plant construction with a "deep understanding of technology" and "high level of expertise" – Legal 500
- Second State Law Examination (bar exam), University of Constance and Frankfurt am Main
- Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Frankfurt am Main
- First State Law Examination, Constance
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- DIS (German Arbitration Institute)
- ICC Commission on International Arbitration and ADR