EU CORONAVIRUS RESPONSES
- EU is right place to tackle pandemic, but reform is needed, latest survey finds
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - Pfizer patent for COVID-19 vaccine
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - Psychological support in connection with COVID-19 and social exclusion
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - Authorisation of new SARS-COV-2 vaccines
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - Authorisation for Russian vaccine in Hungary
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - Vaccine doses and EU coordination
- Answer given by Ms Kyriakides to a MEP written question - COVID-19 vaccine orders by Member States
- EMA starts rolling review of CureVac’s COVID-19 vaccine (CVnCoV)
- EMA preparing guidance to tackle COVID-19 variants
- Commission approves €38.7 million Dutch scheme to support zoos in context of coronavirus outbreak(SA.59706 and SA.61300) - Midday Express
- Commission approves €240,000 Slovenian scheme to support managers of hunting grounds affected by coronavirus outbreak (SA.61211) - Midday Express
- Commission approves €4 million Italian scheme to support micro, small and medium-sized enterprises providing fuel distribution services in the context of the pandemic (SA.61599) - Midday Express
- EU recovery package: Council adopts Recovery and Resilience Facility - See the Guidance and accompanying annexes
- Statement by President von der Leyen at the joint press conference with President Sassoli and Portuguese Prime Minister Costa on the Recovery and Resilience Facility
- Prior notification of a concentration (Case M.10152 - Temasek/Gategroup)
- Commission clears acquisition of Belchim by Mitsui, subject to conditions (M.9686) - IP/21/561
- Commission clears acquisition of a Transport Administration Systems joint venture by Francisco Partners and Marlin Equity Partners (M.10060) - Midday Express
- Cyprus - Notification of concentration regarding the acquisition by SAP SE, of the share capital of Emarsys eMarketing Systems AG.
- Cyprus - Notification of concentration concerning the acquisition of part of the share capital of ZOS Vrϊtky a.s., ZOS-EKO, s.r.o., ZOS-MEDIKA s.r.o., and ZOS TRADING s.r.o. by Tatravagonka a.s.
- Cyprus - Notification of a concentration concerning the acquisition of the share capital of Native Instruments Holding GmbH by Francisco Partners Management L.P., via Music Creation Group Topco (UK) Ltd.
- Cyprus - Notification of concentration concerning the acquisition of the share capital of ITC Global by Apax Partners SAS, through Marlink SAS
- Czech Republic - The fine imposed on Abistore confirmed, the distributor of sports equipment dictated prices to sellers
- Germany - On November 25, 2020, the Federal Cartel Office approved the merger of XXXLutz with the Tessner Group (Roller, tejo’s, Schulenburg) subject to certain conditions.
- Italy - The AGCM has initiated preliminary proceedings for alleged unfair commercial practices against the companies Facile.it S.p.A., Facile.it Broker di Assicurazioni S.p.A. and Facile.it Mediazione Creditizia S.p.A.
- Poland - Collusion between animal feed manufacturers - decision of the President of UOKiK
- Portugal - Vandewiele notifies the acquisition of sole control over Savio Macchine Tessili
- Romania - The Competition Council authorized the transaction by which Dynamic Selling Group S.A. takes over the goodwill related to the PVC Carpentry Profiles business line belonging to TeraPlast S.A
- Spain - CNMC includes Leadiant GmbH and Sigma Tau Arzneimittel GmbH in the sanctioning file of the market for the "orphan" drug CDCA-Leadiant®
- UK - CMA Statistics showing the outcomes of merger inquiries examined under the Enterprise Act 2002 as of 11 February 2021
- Authorisation for State aid pursuant to Articles 107 and 108 of the TFEU - Cases where the Commission raises no objections
TRADE & CUSTOMS
- Agenda for: Meeting of the Commission expert group on the Generalised Scheme of Preferences of 22 February 2021
- Regulation (EU) 2021/167 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 February 2021 amending Regulation (EU) No 654/2014 concerning the exercise of the Union’s rights for the application and enforcement of international trade rules
- Commission declaration on compliance with international law
- Statement by the Commission
- Declaration of the Commission
- Agenda for: 2nd Meeting of the Committee on Trade in Services, Investment Liberalisation and Electronic Commerce under the Agreement between Japan and the EU for an Economic Partnership of 12 February 2021
- Presentation of the interim report of the study in support of an impact assessment to prepare the review of the GSP Regulation - 25 February 2021
- European Parliament - 24/25 February: Trade Policy Review, agreements with China and Mercosur, enforcement
- Regulation (EU) 2021/168 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 February 2021 amending Regulation (EU) 2016/1011 as regards the exemption of certain third-country spot foreign exchange benchmarks and the designation of replacements for certain benchmarks in cessation, and amending Regulation (EU) No 648/2012
- Financial Markets: Commission consults on post-trade services rules - see the full texts of the SFD consultation and the FCD consultation - Midday Express
- DORA: Joint ESAs letter regarding the legislative proposal for a regulation on digital operational resilience for the financial sector
- EBA launches public consultation on the draft technical standards on supervisory disclosure under the Investment Firms Directive
- Brussels faces long haul boosting capital markets despite Brexit fillip- Divisions between member states complicate path towards long-promised Capital Markets Union - Financial Times
- Amsterdam punctures City’s post - Brexit hopes - Financial Times
- ITI calls on EU to recommit to multilateral approach to address tax challenges of the Digitalising Economy
- MEPs call for suspension of the launch of the Belarus nuclear plant in Ostrovets - See the EP Resolution - see the Opening and closing remarks by Commissioner Simson
- Joint statement from seventh ministerial meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council
ENVIRONMENT & CLIMATE CHANGE
- Climate change adaptation is key to avoid disruption of EU agricultural commodities imports - see EEA Briefing
- Answer given by Mr Sinkevicius to a MEP written question - European Green Deal
HEALTH, FOOD & PRODUCT SAFETY
- Answer given by Mr Schmit to a MEP written question - Revision of directive on carcinogens and mutagens
- Safety Gate: Rapid Alert System for dangerous non-food products - Weekly Report - Report 6 (Published on: 12/02/2021)
- EMA - Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) of 8-11 February 2021
DIGITAL SINGLE MARKET
- Participants’ Submissions for : High Level Group on Internet Governance of 28 January 2021
- Answer given by Ms Vestager to a MEP written question - Creation of a single telecoms network in Italy
DATA PRIVACY & CYBERSECURITY
- Commission publishes study on Assessment of the EU Member States’ rules on health data in the light of GDPR - see the Country fiches for all EU MS
- The Norwegian Data Protection Authority
- has fined an organization EUR 40 000 (NOK 400,000) for unlawfully setting up automatic forwarding of an employee’s e-mails.
- has fined in the amount of EUR 40 000 (NOK 400,000) to Coop Finnmark SA. The case concerns unlawful distribution of a camera recording from a shop.
- has fined Cyberbook AS EUR 20 000 (NOK 200,000) for unlawfully setting up the automatic forwarding of a former employee’s e-mails.
- has fined Gveik AS EUR 7 500 (NOK 75,000) for having conducted a credit rating without a legal basis.
- has fined to issue a fine of EUR 10 000 (NOK 100,000) to Lindstrand Trading AS for conducting a total of four credit ratings of individuals and sole proprietorships without a legal basis.
AREA OF FREEDOM, SECURITY & JUSTICE
- Stopping human trafficking: MEPs call for more action
ECB, EURO & ECONOMY
- Remarks by Commissioner Gentiloni at the press conference on the Winter 2021 Economic Forecast
- The EU’s regulatory and supervisory response to addressing non-performing loans - In-Depth Analysis - EP ECON Committee
- Stress-testing net trading income: the case of European banks - ECB Working Paper Series No.2525
- Joint statement by European Commission Vice-President Šefčovič and the UK Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Gove
- Britain must find a way to be competitive while cutting carbon emissions - see CER Paper
- Small businesses to be offered grants to cope with Brexit disruption - Companies that trade only with the EU can claim up to £2,000 for practical help to navigate new rules - Financial Times
FUTURE OF EUROPE
- Speech by Commissioner Breton - Fondation Robert Schuman
- China - Statement by the Spokesperson on the BBC ban
- Joint press release following the 7th Association Council meeting between the EU and Ukraine - See the EP Resolution
- MEPs strongly condemn continuing violence in Yemen and military coup in Myanmar - See the EP Resolution
- Human rights breaches in Uganda, Rwanda and Kazakhstan - See the EP Resolution
- Botched Moscow visit is a Wake-up call for the EU - Financial Times