- A recent UN report highlights the “gap” between emissions reduction pledges and the overall aim of the Paris Agreement. A US think tank has suggested how the United States might achieve a path to carbon neutrality, while US regulators continue to act despite the United States starting the withdrawal from the Paris Agreement.
- Credit agencies, banks, investors and regulators continue to analyze ESG risks and opportunities as the global proliferation of interest in ESG continues.
- ESG stewardship pressure mounts, with a significant action being brought against ExxonMobil.
- NGOs/civil society are putting pressure on banks (e.g., RBS) to improve their ESG performance.
- Green finance and voluntary ESG-related initiatives continue to thrive.
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email