The Chief Executive in Council has approved the Outline Zoning Plan (OZP), which provides a statutory land use planning framework to guide development and redevelopment within the Kai Tak area.
The site is proposed to be developed as the "Heritage, Green, Sports and Tourism Hub of Hong Kong". Individual zoning areas have been designated for:
- residential developments, which include private, medium-density and low-density residential developments;
- commercial development;
- comprehensive development/redevelopment for commercial and/or residential uses;
- the provision of Government, institution or community facilities, including: educational, medical, social welfare, community/cultural, sports, recreational, police and fire services and utility facilities;
- open space usage;
- "Other Specified Uses" and is intended for specific developments, including: the cruise terminal, stadium, railway station, heliport, waterfront and tourism related uses; and
- major roads and other uses.
1. http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/201209/14/P201209140279.htm, 14 September 2012
For inquiries related to this Legal Update, please contact Geoffrey Chan or your usual contacts with our firm.