On 20 June 2007, the Ministry of Public Security issued Decision No. 679/2007/QD-BCA ("Decision 679") promulgating regulations on the grant and management of entry and exit permits. This Decision became valid from 26 July 2007. Below is a short summary of the Regulation.
Decision 679 stipulates regulations on the granting and management of entry and exit permits including:
1. The grant of entry and exit permits to foreign residents in Vietnam for the purpose of entering and exiting Vietnam;
2. Foreigners who satisfy the following conditions are eligible to obtain an entry and exit permit:
(a) Foreigners who have a residence card granted by Vietnam's entry and exit management agency;
(b) Foreigners who have no passport granted by foreign competent authorities;
(c) Foreigners who have not been banned from exiting according to Vietnam law.
3. Validity of entry and exit permits;
4. An application dossier for entry and exit permits; and
5. Time limits for the grant of entry and exit permits:
(a) Within two working days from the date of receiving valid dossiers, entry and exit management divisions of provincial/municipal police offices shall consider and transfer the dossiers to the Ministry of Public Security's Entry and Exit Management Department;
(b) Within four working days from the date of receiving a valid dossier, the Ministry of Public Security's Entry and Exit Management Department shall consider and grant an entry and exit permit.
Decision 679 stipulates the re-granting of entry and exit permits in the case of expired, lost, torn or withdrawn permits.
Author: Dao Nguyen, Tra Nguyen
For further information, please contact:
Name: Dao Nguyen
Phone: +84 8 3822 8860
Fax: +84 8 3822 8864