SPAC transactions made headlines in 2021. Over 613 SPAC IPOs raised $162 billion, and 195 SPAC business combinations were completed with an aggregate value of $465 billion. SPACs continue to make headlines in 2022; however, the headlines are a little different. In the first of our SPAC Series, Mayer Brown partners John Ablan, Eddie Best and Esther Chang will discuss recent developments in the SPAC market. Panelists will discuss:
- the state of the SPAC market;
- the SPAC PIPE market;
- proposed SPAC-related legislation;
- developments affecting China-based SPACs;
- statements from SEC Commissioners and SEC Staff relating to SPACs;
- accounting-related developments; and
- what to expect.
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.