Hosted By The Practising Law Institute
Following the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act, and resulting changes to the definition of commodity pool, more passive investment vehicles, including trusts and funds, must focus on possible characterization as commodity pools. During this briefing hosted by The Practising Law Institute (PLI), partners Matthew F. Kluchenek and Anna T. Pinedo will address:
- The commodity pool definition and related CTA definition;
- The types of structures that may raise particular concerns, including funds, trust, securitization and repackaging vehicles;
- The scope of relief and exemptions, including recent amendments that expand relief for non-US commodity pool operators, foreign intermediaries, pool-by-pool exemptions and other recent rule changes;
- The regulation of commodity pools;
- Disclosure, conduct, advertising and related matters; and
- CPO Enforcement.
For more information, please visit the event website.
November 16 – 172023
September 21 – 222023
An Introduction to Auditor Comfort LettersPractising Law Institute
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email