The Practising Law Institute (PLI) is hosting a two-day webcast; Anna Pinedo will kick-off each day with opening remarks for an event that will cover the basics of private placements, resales of restricted securities, Section 4(a)(1-1/2) transactions and block trades. Panels will range, speaking to changes to private and exempt offerings brought about by the JOBS Act and the SEC’s Concept Release on Harmonization of Securities Offering Exemptions, including “accredited investor” crowdfunding offerings, the changes to Rule 701 and the SEC Concept Release on Rule 701 and Form S-8. Various experts will discuss the documentation, principal negotiating issues, and market developments relating to late-stage or pre-IPO private placements, PIPE transactions, 4(a)(2) and 144A offerings, and confidentially marketed public offerings.
Mayer Brown partner Marlon Paz will join the day one, afternoon panel, Practical Considerations for Broker-Dealers Acting as Placement Agents in Exempt Offerings, addressing the following topics:
- FINRA Rules 5122 and 5123 private placement filing requirements;
- Proposed amendments to Rule 5122 and 5123;
- FINRA private placement review process;
- Due diligence obligations and practical compliance guidance;
- FINRA suitability Rule 2111 obligations and Regulation Best Interest;
- FINRA communications Rule 2210 and applicability to offering and marketing materials; and
- FINRA enforcement activities involving private offerings.
For more information, visit the event website.