Learn the basics of drafting and negotiating corporate agreements — from how the provisions of an agreement fit together, to the fundamental drafting and negotiating principles common to all corporate agreements. PLI’s expert faculty, including Mayer Brown partner Jen Carlson, will teach you how to reduce your client’s goals to a complete, clearly written and enforceable agreement, and how to identify what issues are most likely to come up in a negotiation of that agreement.
You will gain an understanding of why and where the tough issues usually arise during the drafting phase, as well as what you can do to effectively, and creatively, solve those issues.
What You Will Learn:
Discuss key terms of standard transactional agreements and how they are organized
• Learn when and how to use letters of intent, confidentiality and standstill agreements
• Find out about the wide range of M&A agreements, both public and private
• Consider special agreements, including equity (NYC), credit/indenture (NYC), employment (SF), and licensing (SF) agreements
• Hear a litigator's perspective on the importance of boilerplate to the enforcement of contracts
• Review common ethical errors made in negotiating contracts
For more information, please visit the event website.