In recent months, there have been a number of mortgage originators and servicers that have joined the ranks of SEC reporting companies. Some have gone public relying on a traditional IPO. While others have taken a different, and increasingly popular, alternative path to public company status: merging with a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. The momentum created by these transactions and market conditions in the mortgage sector may pave the way for additional IPOs or SPAC mergers.
There are also a number of entities considering new REIT financings in the institutional private placement market and the public market. Regardless of whether one is considering such a transaction in the near term, the valuations and investor reactions may also provide valuable information for companies that choose to remain private or consider M&A exits.
During this webcast, we will discuss:
- The US IPO market in 2020 and what to expect in the coming months;
- US IPO dynamics, aftermarket performance, and IPO trends;
- Assessing IPO readiness and IPO considerations;
- Disclosure, governance and related matters;
- SPAC IPOs and what’s driving the trend;
- Merging with a SPAC to become a public company; and
- Mortgage market developments and learnings from recent deals.
Michael Fratantoni, Chief Economist, Senior Vice President, Research & Technology, MBA
For additional information, please contact Melissa Pfeuffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 212 506 2344.