More public companies in the United States are providing disclosures regarding the impact of climate change on their businesses and steps they are taking to mitigate the impact. Besides shareholders, other interested third parties also closely monitor these disclosures. Please join Mayer Brown lawyers Rich Rosenfeld and Mike Hermsen on February 14 for a 30-minute discussion of the current state-of-play for US public company climate change disclosures, including:
- The current US Securities and Exchange Commission disclosure requirements;
- Steps shareholders are taking that affect disclosures;
- A sampling of alternative climate change reporting frameworks;
- The current administration and change (both political and climate); and
- The potential effect on US public companies.