This conference featured business, family/USCIS, and litigation, removal and humanitarian tracks with panels on current topics affecting immigration practices including, removal defense, asylum, business and compliance.
Partner Paul Virtue participated on a panel during the business track entitled, “I-9 Worksite Enforcement Trends.” Topics discussed include:
- The return of “The Raid”?
- Negotiating the scope of a Notice of Inspection
- Legal Representation
- When to engage criminal defense counsel?
- “Pool Counsel” vs. Individual Counsel
- Impact of the “Yates Memo”
- When does an employer have constructive knowledge?
- E-verify and Identity Theft