Please join Mayer Brown for one (or both) of the following presentations on October 16, 2018, at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto.
During the first session, we will provide an overview of the most significant regulatory changes and proposed amendments affecting financial institutions, with a focus on non-US-domiciled banks doing business in the United States. As year-end approaches, we’ll also share our views on what to expect in the months to come as mid-term elections approach. During our session, we will review the changes that have come as a result of actions taken by the banking agencies, including proposed amendments to the Volcker Rule and the proposed stress capital buffer. We will also address the changes contained in the recently enacted Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act. We will also provide some perspective on the additional changes that should be expected in the near term.
During the second session, our discussion will focus principally on the below aspects of the US Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
Session 1: Financial Services Regulatory Reform
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act and the tailoring of regulatory requirements;
- The likely approach for foreign banking organizations;
- Amendments proposed by the agencies to the Volcker Rule;
- Single-counterparty credit exposures; and
- Other proposed and anticipated changes.
Session 2: US Tax Reform and Cross-Border Impacts
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Base Erosion Anti-Abuse Tax;
- New US limits on business interest expense deductions; and
- New US treatment of US investments in non-US countries, including Canada
– Participation exemption
For additional information or to register, please contact Suhani Patel at email@example.com or +1 212 506 2675.
Registration & Light Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Fairmont Royal York
100 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 1E3