This webinar provides all the basics a lawyer needs to be conversant in and familiar with the Commodity Exchange Act and the regulatory framework for futures, commodity options, swaps, and retail foreign exchange. Topics will include:
- The jurisdiction of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC);
- Who are the registrants and what authority does the CFTC have over them? What role do the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulators have?;
- The regulation of swaps post Dodd-Frank;
- Commodity pool definition and status as a commodity pool operator; and
- An overview of recent changes to swaps regulation.
Date & Time:
Thursday, October 10, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Curtis Doty, Mayer Brown
Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown
For more information, or to register, please visit the event website.
PLI will provide CLE credit.
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email