Please join us for Hot Topics in Life Sciences Law, a symposium presented by Mayer Brown and the Center for Health & Pharmaceutical Law & Policy, Seton Hall Law School.
The symposium will explore emerging issues and legal trends impacting the life sciences industry, including:
- Cybersecurity threats and responses
- Return on investments: acquiring new drug products
- Embracing technology advances: AI, blockchain & automation
- Internal investigations in light of #MeToo
Participants will include in-house counsel, academics, members of the judiciary, and industry representatives.
Our program will feature an interactive cybersecurity incident tabletop exercise in which members of Mayer Brown’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy team, along with representatives from CrowdStrike and Brunswick Group, will present a fictional cybersecurity breach scenario. Participants will explore critical legal, computer forensics, and communication issues and gain valuable insights to take back to their companies.
This complimentary program will include breakfast and lunch. It will also offer an opportunity to network with in-house counsel, academics, members of the judiciary, and industry representatives.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kendall Burman, Counsel, Mayer Brown LLP and former Deputy General Counsel for the US Department of Commerce
- Marcus Christian, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP and former Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida
- Rajesh De, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP and former General Counsel for the US National Security Agency (NSA)
- Elizabeth Feeney, Assistant General Counsel, Dispute Resolution & Prevention and Global Chair of Legal Inclusion & Diversity, GlaxoSmithKline
- Lisa Ferri, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Marcia Goodman, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Stephen Lilley, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP and former Chief Counsel to the Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism, US Senate Judiciary Committee
- Brian Nolan, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- David Opderbeck, Professor of Law and Director of the Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Brad Peterson, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- David Simon, Mayer Brown LLP and former special counsel at the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)
- Charles Sullivan, Professor of Law and Senior Associate Dean for Finance & Faculty, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Dan Stein, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP and former Chief of the Criminal Division for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York
- David Stubbs, Managing Director, Head of Life Sciences, Health Care Investment Banking, Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Jeffrey Taft, Mayer Brown
- Luis Vilarin, Vice President - Global Head, GPS (Manufacturing & Product Development) and EHS (Environmental) Law, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eric Wasserstrum, Director, Transactions, Roivant Sciences, Inc.
CLE credits have been approved for New Jersey (6 general CLE credits) and Pennsylvania (5 substantive CLE credits.
For additional information, please contact Emmanuelle Ricatte at email@example.com or+1 312 701 8783.