The new administration began with calls for a repeal of the Dodd-Frank Act and related regulations. Over time, banking agency actions and legislation have brought about more measured regulatory changes. During our session we will review the changes that have come as a result of actions taken by the banking agencies, including proposed amendments to the Volcker Rule and the proposed stress capital buffer. We will also address the changes contained in the recently enacted Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act. We will also provide some perspective on the additional changes that should be expected in the near term.
We will address the following:
- Overview—outlining changes being made/proposed by banking agencies and legislative changes;
- Amendments proposed by the agencies to the Volcker Rule;
- Amendments to the Volcker Rule contained in the Crapo legislation;
- Changes to the designation of entities subject to the enhanced prudential supervision provisions; and
- Securities law provisions contained in the Crapo legislation.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
For more information, or to register for this session, please visit the event website.