This program will provide an overview and discussion of the basic aspects of the U.S. federal securities laws by leading in-house and law firm practitioners as well as SEC staff. Emphasis will be placed on the interplay among the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Dodd-Frank Act, the JOBS Act, the securities related provisions of the FAST Act, related SEC regulations and significant legislative and regulatory changes and proposals.
Partner Anna Pinedo will lead a session entitled “Securities Act Exemptions” on Day One of the program. Topics will include:
- Exempt securities versus exempt transactions;
- Private placements, including offerings under Rules 504 and 506 of Regulation D;
- Regulation A+ offerings;
- “Intrastate” offerings, including new Rule 147A ;
- Employee equity awards;
- Rule 144A offerings;
- Regulation S offerings to “non-U.S. persons”; and
- Resales of restricted and controlled securities: Rule 144, Section 4(a)(7) and 4(a)(1½).
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
For additional information please visit the event website.