Interest in the formation of business development companies, especially private BDCs, remains high. BDCs have also recently been in the spotlight as a result of significant changes to the regulatory framework affecting them. During the session, we will provide a brief overview of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to BDCs generally, and focus on recent developments. Topics will include:
- The 40 Act requirements applicable to BDCs;
- The tax treatment and diversification requirements;
- The registration process and shelf registration process;
- Using a BDC to address Volcker Rule constraints;
- Recent statutory changes affecting leverage and related rating agency actions; and
- Changes to offering and communications related rules affecting BDCs.
Date & Time
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Brian Hirshberg, Mayer Brown
Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown
PLI will provide CLE credit.