Washington DC • May 8, 2018
Navigating the complex and evolving patent law landscape can be challenging, but nearly every business must do this in some fashion. Though protection strategies may differ from company to company, the keys to success are the same—an in-depth understanding of the threats and opportunities that accompany patent portfolio management, offensive and defensive strategies for litigation and a grasp of where the patent system is heading.
Join in-house counsel from major corporations and members of the judiciary, academia and private practice as they explore these issues at the 10th annual Symposium on Intellectual Property. The program, presented by The George Washington University Law School, Mayer Brown LLP, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and NERA Economic Consulting will feature interactive panel discussions of hot topics and recent developments in patent law, including:
- Hot Topics at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Effective Appellate Advocacy at the Federal Circuit
- Valuation of Patent Portfolios
- Current Issues Facing In-House Patent Lawyers
We will be joined for a special keynote address by the Hon. David Ruschke, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jack Barufka, Partner and Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Ed Blocker, IP Counseling Manager, Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Kristopher Boushie, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting Inc.
- Sarah Butler, Managing Director, NERA Economic Consulting
- Tina Chappell, Associate General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Alan Cox, Managing Director and Chair, Intellectual Property Practice, NERA Economic Consulting
- Patrick A. Doody, Partner, Intellectual Property Practice, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Sean Edman, Sr. Director IP, Medtronic
- Tanuja Garde, Vice-President, Intellectual Property and Licensing, Raytheon
- Henry Hadad, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel-Intellectual Property, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dean Harts, Assistant Chief Intellectual Property Counsel–International, 3M
- Paul Hughes, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Daryl Joseffer, Partner, King & Spalding LLP
- Kfir Levy, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Deanne Maynard, Partner, Morrison & Foster LLP
- Andrew Pincus, Partner, Supreme Court & Appellate Practice, Mayer Brown LLP
- Wendy Verlander, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blackbird Technologies
CLE credit is pending.
For more information or to register please contact Nektaria Froelicher at email@example.com or +1 202 263 3202.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20052