Please join Mayer Brown partners Christian Fabian and Jennifer Keating at PLI’s Drafting and Negotiating Corporate Agreements 2018 in Chicago. Christian will serve as chairperson of the conference. Jennifer will present on “Specialty Agreements: Equity,” covering shareholder agreements and other equity arrangements, minority rights and transfer provisions.
Why You Should Attend
Learn the basics of drafting and negotiating corporate agreements — from how the provisions of an agreement fit together, to the fundamental drafting and negotiating principles common to all corporate agreements. Our expert faculty will teach you how to reduce your client’s goals to a complete, clearly written and enforceable agreement, and how to identify what issues are most likely to come up in a negotiation of that agreement. You will gain an understanding of why and where the tough issues usually arise during the drafting phase, as well as what you can do to effectively, and creatively, solve those issues. Plus you will obtain a litigator’s perspective on how to draft contracts with enforcement in mind, and learn about common ethical issues in drafting corporate agreements.
What You Will Learn
- Key terms of standard transactional agreements and how they are organized
- When and how to use letters of intent, confidentiality and standstill agreements
- The wide range of M&A agreements, both public and private
- Special agreements, including equity (NYC & CHI), credit/indenture (NYC), employment (SF & CHI), and licensing (SF) agreements
- The importance of boilerplate to the enforcement of contracts from a litigator’s perspective
- Common ethical errors in contracts
Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who Should Attend
This program is essential for practitioners who draft agreements in complex business transactions.
University of Chicago Gleacher Center
450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Il 60611
For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.