In light of the one-year anniversary of the 2016 United States Presidential Election, we have instituted a series of weekly calls every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. CST discussing the impact of the new administration on various aspects of M&A transactions in the US and abroad.
President Trump’s tax reform policies have raised many questions for multinational corporations doing deals in the United States and abroad. Please join Mayer Brown partners Robert F. (“Bob”) Gray, Jr. and James R. (“Jim”) Barry as they discuss how the new administration’s tax policies could affect M&A transactions. Our discussion will focus on key tax reform issues and the possible effects of the proposals on M&A transactions, including:
- Increase in taxable asset deals
- Decrease in spinoff transactions
- Mixed effect on Up-C’s
- Decrease in leveraged acquisitions
- Decrease in inversion transactions
- Potential uptick in acquisitions of foreign targets
- Increased complications for inbound investments
- Changed analysis regarding choice of entity
We hope you will join the discussion. If you are unable to attend the live call, kindly register and we will send you the audio recording following the teleconference.
For additional information, please contact Patricia Holland at email@example.com or +1 312 701 8835.