Please join Mayer Brown partner Nina Flax at PLI’s Pocket MBA 2017: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals in San Francisco. Nina will present on “Ethical Considerations for Counsel in the Business World.” Topics will include the exposure counsel faces for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts, protecting sensitive information and responding ethically to opponents’ probes for it, the reach of the duty of confidentiality, and the obligation of disclosure of mistakes, ethical challenges of misrepresentation, fraudulent nondisclosure and omissions, responsibilities of the firm/legal department for a supervising and/or subordinate attorney’s ethical lapse and discovery ethics in the use of social media, and recording conversations.
Why You Should Attend
This program will enhance your understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors and bankers. Practical advice and application of information to actual situations and financial reports will provide participants with opportunities to immediately implement growth and broaden capabilities. The faculty for this program is unusually diverse, including top partners from elite accounting firms and law firms, private equity investors, bankers, consultants and academics.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the key factors shaping financial reporting
- Discuss foundational finance, accounting and economics terminology and principles
- Analyze how businesses generate, deploy and manage capital
- Navigate basic financial statements
- Practice corporate finance concepts
- Examine the use of valuations
- Discover fraud, corruption and regulatory risks
- Earn ethics and skills credit
- Case studies and practical examples employed throughout the program
Who Should Attend
This program is specifically designed for non-accountant, in-house and law firm attorneys and other professionals who work with financial information.
PLI California Center
685 Market Street
San Francisco, California 94105
For more information or to register, please visit the conference website.