The training will be held in London and will deal with
- what to expect in terms of procedure and substance when arbitrating an investment dispute;
- prepare counsel representing claimants on what needs to be taken into consideration before initiating an arbitration against a State;
- prepare counsel representing States on the challenges they will face and how to overcome them in defending investment claims;
- provide the perspective of a seasoned investment arbitrator; consider the importance of selecting the right arbitrator and means and ways of doing so;
- provide an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional issues through participation in a moot arbitration;
- highlight techniques and tools for effective advocacy in investment arbitration;
- provide practical guidelines on cross-examination;
- discuss how to navigate key substantive issues;
- review available remedies in investment arbitration and their standards of compensation; and
- deal with issues arising in the calculation of damages.
Alejandro López Ortiz will be speaking on "Standards of Compensation in Investment Arbitration".
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email