Windsor Court Hotel
300 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
This year's Global Migration Section conference titled "Managing Global Immigration in a Protectionist World - Are We Singing the Blues?" provided practitioners with cutting edge information and practical advice on managing clients' global mobility needs in an environment of change. The conference offered panels that focus on corporate immigration challenges around the globe including:
- The Ebbs and Flows of Starting and Running a Global Practice
- Hot Topics in Global Migration
- Consular Processing and Corporate Immigration - A Global Perspective
- How will Brexit and the Revised EU Immigration Directives Affect Mobility and Migration of Third-Country Nationals in the Region?
- "Top 10" Ethical Dilemmas in Global Mobility
- Lunch with the Experts
- Countdown to Departure - Getting There the Right Way Made Easy
- Compliance over the Course of the Assignment - Common and Not-So-Common Employment, Tax, and "Company Change" Issues
- Extending the Global Assignment and/or Bringing it to a Satisfactory Conclusion
- BRICS: What Kind of music is being played Jazz or Blues?
- Cyber Security - Big, Middle, and Little Data
- Global Mobility Options for LGBT Clients Seeking Safety and Security in a Diverse World
- A Global Perspective - The Future of Immigration Law
Mayer Brown partner Grace Shie spoke on the “‘Top 10’ Ethical Dilemmas in Global Mobility” panel and counsel Paul Sarauskas spoke on the “Hot Topics in Global Migration” panel.
For more information please visit the event website.