Navigating the complex and evolving intellectual property landscape can be challenging, but nearly every business must do this in some fashion. Though protection strategies may differ from company to company, the keys to success are the same—an in-depth understanding of the threats and opportunities that accompany patent portfolio management; offensive and defensive strategies for litigation; and a grasp of where the patent system is heading.
Join in-house counsel from major corporations and members of the judiciary, academia and private practice as they explore these issues at the ninth annual Symposium on Intellectual Property. The program, presented by The George Washington University Law School, Mayer Brown and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, will feature interactive panel discussions of hot topics and recent developments in patent law, including:
- From the Bench: Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Section 101: Latest Jurisprudence and Can It Be Fixed?
- Intellectual Property Disputes in the Supreme Court and Federal Circuit
SPECIAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS
We will be joined for a special keynote address by Michelle K. Lee, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
CLE credit is pending. Please join us for a cocktail reception immediately following the program.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon. Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Hon. Roy Payne, United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Hon. David Ruschke, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Hon. Gregory Sleet, United States District Court, District of Delaware
- Ginger Anders, Counsel, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- William Atkins, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Jack Barufka, Partner and Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Mark Beloborodov, Senior Director, IP Portfolio Management and Counseling, Philips
- Beth S. Brinkmann, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Ken Corsello, Attorney, IBM
- Mark Freeman, Appellate Staff, Civil Division, United States Department of Justice
- Alan Grimaldi, Partner and Co-Leader, Intellectual Property Practice, Mayer Brown LLP
- Chad Hanson, PhD, Senior IP Litigation Attorney, Medtronic
- Jim Howard, Associate General Counsel, Askeladden L.L.C. (a/k/a Patent Quality Initiative)
- Timothy Jezek, Vice President, IP and Litigation, EchoStar Corporation
- David Jones, Assistant General Counsel for IP Policy, Microsoft Corporation
- Dmitry Karshtedt, Associate Professor of Law, The George Washington University Law School
- Scott Markow, Senior Group Patent Counsel, Stanley Black & Decker
- Erick Palmer, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Andrew Pincus, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
For additional information or to register, please contact Jeremy Fegley at +1 202 263 3019 or email@example.com.
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20052
Registration & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Reception to follow