Technology has profoundly advanced health care—particularly in the area of medical devices and patient data, which have evolved into complex computerized systems that house patient data and are connected to hospital networks, other medical devices, and the Internet. With this increased connectivity comes increased vulnerability to a host of cyber threats. These threats create new risks for patients and new liabilities for medical device makers and health care institutions and companies.
Please join Mayer Brown lawyers as they discuss the cyber threats and trends affecting medical devices and the health care sector generally and the role of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Topics will include:
- FDA requirements and best practices for medical device cybersecurity
- Remediating and reporting cybersecurity violations to FDA
- HIPAA cybersecurity requirements, risk analysis, and enforcement trends
- Best practices for companies under government investigation
- Recent developments in private suits based on HIPAA violations
- Predictions for enforcement under the Trump administration
CLE credit is pending.
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
For additional information or to register, please contact Jeremy Fegley at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 202 263 3019.