On January 27, 2017, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order that included a travel ban and visa freeze for foreign nationals from seven countries. The Department of Homeland Security and Department of State immediately took enforcement steps. In response, several legal actions were filed in federal court – the most recent resulting in a federal judge suspending parts of the order, a ruling that the US government is appealing to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals today.
Please join our Global Mobility & Migration partners Liz Stern, Grace Shie and Paul Hughes as they answer questions organizations are asking, including:
- Which of our employees and contractors are directly affected by this executive action?
- How do the various court filings affect the impact of the executive action on our employees and contractors?
- What should we advise our managers, employees and contractors to do while court actions are being resolved?
- What should we do to assist them throughout this period?
- Are there other executive actions in the works that we should be preparing for?
- What is the best way to stay abreast of these developments?
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
Mayer Brown’s Global Financial Markets Initiative helps clients deal with the legal and business challenges resulting from the ongoing turbulence in worldwide financial markets. By mobilizing the firm’s global resources from multiple practices and offices, the initiative provides clients with knowledgeable and timely counsel on a broad spectrum of their legal needs.
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. CET
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. GMT
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EST
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. CST
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. MST
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. PST