PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
Why You Should Attend
Stay current on disclosure requirements and developments affecting annual disclosure documents and proxy soliciting materials prepared by SEC reporting companies. Hear from the SEC staff and our faculty, who will focus on current “hot issues,” best practices, and practical pointers. The upcoming reporting season appears headed towards being another interesting one, with significant events and uncertainties covering a wide spectrum of matters affecting public company disclosures. These include the Dodd-Frank Act mandated compensation-related rulemaking by the SEC; non-GAAP and other financial disclosures; domestic and international economic, political and regulatory uncertainties and developments; cybersecurity; and climate change disclosure trends. Ethics and whistleblower developments impose even further challenges on both in-house and outside counsel. Our faculty will discuss key areas of staff comment, staff review priorities and interpretations, disclosure drivers and best practices, and “must know” accounting developments affecting financial disclosures.
What You Will Learn
- Practical guidance on drafting annual disclosure and proxy documents
- SEC, FASB and PCAOB developments affecting financial disclosures
- Updates on new and current hot topic executive compensation developments, disclosures and requirements
- Updates on disclosure effectiveness initiatives
- Practical guidance for holding a successful annual meeting and interfacing with shareholders
Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Credit Offered: CLE, CPE and CPD
Mayer Brown partner Michael Hermsen will speak on panels titled: “Corporation Finance Developments and Priorities,” “Disclosure Practices and Challenges” and “Ethics and Whistleblower Developments.”
For more information or to register please visit the event website.