“Operation Car Wash,” the investigation into the largest corruption scandal in Brazilian history, has helped Brazil transform into a high-enforcement jurisdiction. Car Wash established a new blue print for conducting large investigations in Brazil, boosted interaction between different enforcement authorities and brought Brazil’s law enforcement authorities closer to their counterparts in other jurisdictions. Car Wash has also changed the Brazilian authorities’ expectations about how companies should conduct and disclose internal investigations into potentially illegal conduct. Please join us as we discuss:
- The authorities’ post-Car Wash investigative blueprint
- The status of other emerging criminal investigations in Brazil
- What is expected from companies in a high-enforcement scenario
- How to react when targeted by Brazilian authorities
- Executives’ and compliance officers’ roles and related risks in a high-enforcement scenario
Given the late hour in Asia, the program will be recorded. Please register even if you cannot attend to make sure you receive the link to the recording.
CLE credit is pending.
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
For additional information, please contact Pascale Rucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 202 263 3321.
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. BRST
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CST
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. PST
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CET
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. GMT
December 7, 2016
1:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. CST/HKT