Mayer Brown and Jingtian & Gongcheng take great pleasure in inviting you to attend our one-day conference focusing on some hot topics on investing in the US. The conference will take place in Beijing.
This value packed conference will have a group of top-level speakers from the US and China, who are well recognised in their respective practices from both law firms. They will address the most commonly-asked questions about acquiring businesses and making investments in the US. Additionally we are delighted to have invited Dr. LONG Yongtu as our special guest of honour speaker. Dr. Long, the former Vice Minister of Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Co-operation and the former Secretary-General of Boao Asia Forum, is a well-respected ex-government official who held various high-ranking posts in the Central Government, and is one of the key proponents of China entering WTO in 2001.
With more than 20 speakers confirmed, the conference will cover:
A macro view – Four plenary discussion sessions
- M&A process and due diligence
- Regulatory approvals relating to investing in the US, such as CFIUS approval, Merger Control approval
- A suite of the US laws that has certain implications on making investment into the US
- IP concerns and CFIUS review process specifically related to Transferring Technology
- Similarities and differences between a Section 337 ITC proceeding and a patent litigation in the US court
An industry-specific view - Three concurrent breakout sessions
- tailored sessions that are industry-specific focusing on Real Estate, Telecom, Media & Technology and Pharma & Healthcare
Click here to view the agenda and speakers.
We look forward to your presence at this conference.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, 19 October 2016
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Conference
(12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch)
The Ritz Carlton, Beijing (Hua Mao Center)
83A Jian Guo Road, Central Place, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
This complementary event is by invitation only. A confirmation email on your registration will be sent to you in due course.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Ms. Lelia Wu
E: email@example.com | T: +86 10 6599 9228