PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd floor
New York, New York 10036
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
By attending this program you will learn principles of effective writing and drafting to enhance your transactional practice. Particular emphasis will be given to the perspectives of the end users: your clients and those who litigate commercial disputes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Crisp and clear drafting techniques, including the use of “Plain English”
- Tailoring your writing to suit different purposes and circumstances; making words and numbers work; capturing all foreseeable future events and addressing all unforeseeable events
- What your clients want to see their counsel do differently
- Writing and related issues that are unique to in-house counsel
- How your transactional writing can affect the outcome of disputes/litigation
Mayer Brown partner L. Kevin Sheridan, Jr. will discuss “Basic Principles of Transactional Writing” and “Elements of Style and Unique Challenges in Transactional Writing.”
For more information or to register, please visit the event website.