With advertising and marketing becoming a priority for the CFPB, FTC and various state regulators overseeing the consumer financial services industry, words in ads and marketing materials matter more than ever. In fact, since 2011, the CFPB has brought over 40 enforcement actions alleging unfair, deceptive, or illegal advertising or marketing practices, resulting in nearly $3 billion in fines and direct consumer remediation.
Please join Steve Kaplan and Rebecca Lobenherz as they discuss hot topics in advertising and marketing compliance, including recent enforcement trends and regulatory developments.
- A primer on compliance with the federal laws regulating advertising practices, such as TILA’s Regulation Z, the Telemarketing Sales Rule, the CAN-SPAM Act, the MAP Rule and the prohibitions on UDAP/UDAAP under the Consumer Financial Protection Act and Section 5 of the FTC Act
- Disclosures in the digital age and best practices for online advertising
- The rise of UDAAP as an enforcement tool and recent advertising actions involving:
- Disclosure of non-government affiliation
- Use of the word “free”
- Sale of add-on products
- Tips for improving your advertising and marketing compliance practices
For additional information, please contact Jeremy Fegley at +1 202 263 3019 or email@example.com.