PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
Why You Should Attend
Stay up-to-date on the latest disclosure requirement changes and developments affecting annual disclosure documents and annual meeting soliciting materials prepared by SEC reporting companies. Hear from the SEC staff and our faculty, who will focus on current “hot issues,” best practices, and practical pointers. In 2015 we expect further regulatory and practice changes affecting public company disclosures. These include the Dodd-Frank Act mandated rulemaking by the SEC (particularly focused on executive compensation); domestic and international economic, political and regulatory uncertainties and developments; cybersecurity; and data security. Ethics and whistleblower developments impose even further challenges on both in-house and outside counsel. Our faculty will discuss key areas of staff comment, staff review priorities and interpretations, disclosure drivers and best practices, and “must know” accounting developments affecting financial disclosures.
What You Will Learn
- Practical guidance on drafting annual disclosure and annual meeting documents
- SEC, FASB and PCAOB developments affecting financial disclosures
- Updates on current hot topic executive compensation disclosures and requirements
- Updates on various initiatives by Congress, the SEC and others to reduce various regulatory burdens
- Practical guidance for holding a successful annual meeting and communicating and interacting with shareholders
Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Credit Offered: CLE, CPE and CPD
Mayer Brown partner Michael Hermsen will speak on panels titled; “Corporation Finance Developments and Priorities,” “Disclosure Practices and Challenges” and “Ethics: Developments and Challenges.”
or more information or to register, please click on the button below.