Rapid changes in patent law make it necessary that you are up-to-date on the current state of the law and can quickly develop successful litigation strategies and tactics. This program is taught by a faculty of both outside and in-house lawyers who have earned national reputations in patent litigation by trying and managing a wide variety of bench and jury patent trials, as well as US Patent Office post-grant trial proceedings, and provides comprehensive coverage of every phase of these patent matters. This year’s program also features views from US District Court Judges, who will provide their insights on the state of patent litigation, management of patent litigation, as well as practical tips for litigants.
Topics to be Discussed
- Recent Supreme Court and Federal Circuit decisions, as well as proposed legislation
- District Court Judges share their views on managing litigation and tips for efficient case disposition
- Strategies for multi-party litigation, joint defense groups, indemnification, and indirect and divided infringement claims
- A session directed to advanced strategy and tactics in the complex world of patent litigation, parallel PTO proceedings and business considerations
- Trends in patent remedies: damages, injunctions and ongoing royalties where an injunction is not granted