September 28 – 29 2015
New York, NY
PLI’s Intellectual Property Law Institute 2015 provides an analysis of key events in all areas of IP, providing updates on cases, legislation and government agency developments that IP lawyers should know.
A highlight of the program will be a panel of in-house IP counsel from prominent companies discussing the many facets of current interest for dealing with IP and suggesting some best practices and strategies. Plenary sessions will address software and business method patents; IP in business transactions; trademark law update; modern fair use and it's impact on copyright; trade secrets update; IP monetization; and Ethics.
This year’s program will feature four breakout sessions, each with three current topics that will focus respectively on copyrights, licensing, patents, and trademarks. Among the breakout topics will be discussions of IPR procedures; copyright update; TTAB practice developments; and updates in U.S. licensing.
What You Will Learn
- Latest developments affecting eligibility of software-related and business method inventions
- Various ways to leverage IP in business transactions
- An update of trademark law
- The impingement of recent fair use cases on copyright exploitation
- Significant trade secrets developments
- Recent developments in the enforceability and monetization of patents and their effect on patent valuation