This webinar will provide a basic introduction to Section 337 – what a complainant needs to prove, what defenses can be raised by respondents, what remedies are available, the basic procedure of a Section 337 investigation, and how a Section 337 investigation compares to district court litigation. In addition, the program will cover some hot topics that are currently being litigated at the ITC and at the Federal Circuit under the statute.
Topics to be discussed:
- How to evaluate the pros and cons of litigation at the ITC vs. district court
- How to put together a complaint under Section 337
- How to successfully defend a patent case at the ITC
- How to make sure your arguments are properly preserved for appellate review
- How to maximize the benefit of an exclusion order if successful