Alexandria Carr, a qualified barrister practising in London as Of Counsel with the Financial Services, Regulatory & Enforcement group and partner, Mark Compton discuss how non European Economic Area fund managers can navigate the inconsistencies and broad reach of the AIFMD, so that they can market funds into the EEA.
- Legal definitions - e.g. 'AIF', 'AIFM', 'managing', 'professional investor'
- What constitutes marketing
- Private placement regimes
- Notifying the local regulator
- Reverse solicitation
- Prospects of an AIFMD passport
Please click here view.