The intensifying investigation into Petrobras raises important questions about Brazil’s anti-corruption enforcement efforts. At the same time, Petrobras has published its audited financial reports reflecting a USD 2.1 billion write down for corruption and a USD 14.8 billion impairment. Please join us as we discuss:
- The latest developments in the Car Wash investigation
- The expected next steps in enforcement in Brazil and abroad
- The role of CVM (Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission) in connection with potential securities violations
- The roles the US Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission
- The economic impacts of the investigation on Brazil
- The status of the various debt restructuring processes associated with the scandal
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
CLE credit is pending.
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.