University of Chicago Gleacher Center
450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
Why You Should Attend
Our Midyear Forum is designed to keep you up-to-date with the ever-changing world of accounting and SEC Reporting. The Division of Corporation Finance reviewed more than 4,000 issuers last year; the review process continues to challenge issuers with new areas of comment and new approaches to old issues. The Financial Accounting Standard Board (FASB) standard-setting agenda provides a wide range of complexity from simplification topics to major projects such as leases. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) has a full standard-setting agenda as well, impacting issuers as well as auditors. This year’s Forum will help you understand the regulator’s hot button issues and the significant changes happening in accounting and auditing. Our expert faculty will offer practical advice, based on real-world examples, to give you the information and tools necessary to successfully meet the current and future challenges in SEC reporting.
What You Will Learn
- Important developments in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance and Office of Chief Accountant, including frequent accounting comment and consultation areas
- The status of new SEC projects, rules and staff guidance
- How cybersecurity issues impact your organization, steps to take now and disclosure guidance for various scenarios
- An update on the Disclosure Effectiveness project how it could change MD&A and other disclosure items
- Key accounting developments: new accounting standards updates from the FASB and updates in process
- The latest on transition issues related to the new Revenue Recognition Standard and a potential delay in adoption
- The latest on FASB major projects – Leases and Financial Instruments – adoption challenges, timetables, and tips on getting ready
- An update on PCAOB rulemaking and the likely effects on auditors and their clients
- How to stay out of trouble with the SEC
Who Should Attend
SEC reporting professionals, including those involved in the preparation of financial statements, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, lawyers and corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, audit committee members, and others involved in preparation or review of the financial statements.
Mayer Brown partner Edward Best will speak on a panel titled “Disclosure Effectiveness and Its Impact on MD&A and Other 10-K/Q Items.”
For more information or to register, please click on the button below.