SFIG and IMN are excited to once again co-host the largest capital markets conference in the world, ABS Vegas 2015, this February 8-11 at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Last year’s program was a resounding success with over 4,500 attendees and 130+ sponsor firms, and we are expecting that number to grow to over 5,000 attendees in 2015. Mayer Brown is a platinum sponsor.
Jason Kravitt will be among the ABS presenters for the “ABS: The Past, Present, and Future” session. The session will recount the origins of the securitization market through its current state, and gaze into the crystal ball to foretell the future.
Eric Reilly - Panelist on Track D “Regulation AB II Implementation: Lessons for the CMBS Industry” panel.
Julie Gillespie - Moderating Track C “A Complete Guide to the New Risk Retention Rulings: Issuer Impact” panel.
Stuart Litwin - Panelist on Tack C “Auto ABS: Financing Main Street” panel. Topics to be covered include:
- What have we learned since the credit crisis and recession of 2008/2009?
- What are the recent market and regulatory trends that make ABS funding more or less attractive as a funding source?
- Impact of recent regulatory trends
- As the subprime share of the auto loan and ABS markets has grown in recent years, are there any cross-over lessons from other asset classes (e.g. subprime RMBS) that can be useful in looking at this sector?
- What are issuers doing differently in terms of disclosure? Are issuers meaningfully changing their practices in response to regulatory mandates, and do investors care? Focus on Rule 193 and Section 15G, and disclosure of exceptions from underwriting criteria. Are any investors actually looking at what issuers are disclosing?
- Will risk retention rules effectively mean that there is no more possibility of off-balance sheet treatment?
Carol Hitselberger - Panelist on Track C “Volcker Rule” panel.
Jason Kravitt - Moderating “Key Regulatory Developments and The Timeline for Implementation” panel. Topics to be covered include:
- How does the relative value picture of ABS as a funding tool and an investment, change under new Risk Retention Rules? Under Dodd Frank?
- Have tighter lending standards hurt the housing market and the broader economy?
- What are the hot button issues for each of the major regulatory bodies?
Amanda Baker - Moderating Track C “Rating Agency Reform” panel. Topics to be covered include:
- Franken Amendment overview
- NRSRO: due diligence
The Aria Resort & Casino - Las Vegas, NV