PLI’s Outsourcing 2014 is a “must” for every lawyer with business clients engaged in outsourcing transactions!
Outsourcing brings new opportunities and new risks for companies sourcing or providing critical services such as information technology, finance and accounting, human resources, facilities management, analytics and other critical non-core functions.
And there are newer and better approaches to negotiating agreements for critical services and achieving compliance in an increasingly complex ecosystem – even in multisourced and multijurisdictional transactions.
If you advise clients on sourcing transactions, you need to put Outsourcing 2014 on your calendar! This two-day conference provides vital guidance from legal and business experts in key areas of today’s sourcing deals.
- Learn about changes in technology and the economic environment as well as the resulting new business drivers – and new legal risks that must be addressed
- Discover how best to reevaluate and revise RFPs and agreements
- Learn to negotiate considerations for increasingly complex sourcing transactions
- Get best practices in outsourcing and sourcing
- Find out about the newest challenges that are raised by the convergence of sourcing with cloud computing
- Obtain the latest coverage of how the regulatory landscape complicates privacy and data security compliance
- Learn how best to manage and maximize value in mission-critical multisourced and multijurisdictional transactions
- Current guidance on new approaches to IP issues, contract terms and deal structures
What you will learn
Get intelligence in outsourcing deals, including:
- The best ways to add value in every phase of the outsourcing life cycle, including how to maximize value in multi-country sourcing
- Techniques for complying with privacy and data security regulations, and addressing the issues that may arise out of cloud computing
- Unique insights from the supplier and customer sides; understand their competing perspectives and the challenges they face
- How to effectively review key provisions of a master services agreement
- Anticipating offensive and defensive IP strategies, and how to avoid traps and unanticipated results from new technology
- “Better, faster, cheaper deals” panel – where and how to focus legal resources
- Ethics issues in negotiating sourcing deals (earn 1 hour of Ethics credit)
Who should attend
This seminar is designed for attorneys who are involved in outsourcing arrangements; corporate, technology, intellectual property, employment, regulatory, tax, financial, and insurance lawyers; and business professionals.
Mayer Brown partner Brad Peterson will speak on a panel titled “The Outsourcing Process” and partner Rebecca Eisner will speak on a panel titled “Privacy & Data Security.”
September 29-30, 2014
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas, (2nd floor)
New York, New York
October 27-28, 2014
University of Chicago Gleacher Center
450 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Il 60611
For more information or to register, please click on the button below.