In the expanding world of intellectual property litigation, the rules are ever-changing, making it increasingly difficult to safeguard your company. Virtually every business has intellectual property to protect. Understanding the changing landscape is paramount in protecting your company’s interests and assets.
We invite you to join colleagues from administrative agencies, private practice, the judiciary and academia to discuss hot topics and recent developments in patent law, including:
- Beginning of a New Era: Post-Issuance PTO Proceedings
- Tips and Trends: Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- ITC: Recent Developments and Current Trends
- Defensive Strategies: Patent Litigation
SPECIAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS
We will be joined for a special address by Nathan Kelley, Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual Property Law and Solicitor, The United States Patent & Trademark Office.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Honorable Leonard E. Davis, Chief District Judge, District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Honorable Nora Barry Fischer, District Judge, District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Honorable Faith S. Hochberg, District Judge, District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Honorable Theodore R. Essex, Administrative Law Judge, US International Trade Commission
- Thomas L. Giannetti, Administrative Patent Judge, The United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Lynn I. Levine, Former Director of the Office of Unfair Import Investigations, US International Trade Commission
- Edward Blocker, IP&S Manager Healthcare, Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Adan Ayala, General Patent Counsel for Stanley Black & Decker
- John LaBarre, IP Litigation Manager, Google Inc.
- David A. Steffes, Senior Director of Intellectual Property - North America, DSM
CLE credit for the program is pending.
For additional information, please contact Jean Shim at +1 202 263 3885 or email@example.com.
Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Reception to follow
The George Washington University Law School
2000 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20052