Please join Mayer Brown and the Chicago chapter of TEI on April 23 for a seminar highlighting the latest developments and trends in the taxation of financial instruments and transactions. Topics to be addressed include the following:
- Debt-equity issues and the impact of the latest cases on tax planning, with emphasis on intercompany transaction structuring
- New proposed regulations on notional principal contracts
- Hedges and straddles, with emphasis on the use of these types of instruments for hedging exposures of non-financial companies;
- Current developments in structured dividend received deduction transactions
- New proposed regulations on cross-border equity-linked instruments
- Foreign currency transactions and strategies regarding foreign currency gains and losses
- The Camp Proposals addressing the taxation of financial products
For additional information, please contact Amanda Valente at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 312 701 7952.
8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.