Please join us for our first Employment Group seminar of 2014. As usual, we will be starting the year with a review of the key developments in employment law over the last year and a look ahead to what we can expect in 2014. The programme may change but currently the areas likely to be included are:
- TUPE – the latest tribunal cases plus the new TUPE regulations: what has changed and the impact on a combined TUPE/redundancy process
- Other legislative changes – including whistleblowing (the new "public interest" requirement), data protection (the new code of practice for dealing with subject access requests), and the abolition of discrimination questionnaires
- All change in the Tribunals – the introduction of fees, early conciliation of claims and a new unfair dismissal cap
- Case law round up – recent and upcoming cases on restrictive covenants and garden leave, unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Family-friendly changes – extending flexible working rights to everyone and the overhaul of the maternity/parental leave system
As always, a Q&A session will allow you to address any questions you have to the panel, either about issues facing your business or about material discussed in the seminar.
If you are not able to attend but have a colleague who would like to, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you.
Registration: 3:00 p.m.
Presentation: 3:15 p.m.
Drinks & Canapés: 5:30 p.m.
Mayer Brown International LLP
London EC2M 3AF
For additional information, please email LON-Events@mayerbrown.com or call +44 20 3130 8349.