Please join us for a two-part workshop as members of our Global Tax practice address current tax issues and challenges facing US companies that operate in Brazil and Latin America. We will be joined by Ivan Tauil, partner at our Brazilian associated firm Tauil & Chequer Advogados, as well as other local practitioners, to talk about recent developments. This program will be full of practical suggestions for dealing with emerging tax developments and is a “must attend” for tax and finance professionals involved in the Brazilian or Latin American market. Join us for part of the day or the full workshop.
Morning Session – Brazil
- New issues affecting temporary imports
- Developments on Repetro and ICMS
- New levies and the tax impacts of moving goods among different customs regimes
- Major player defaults and reorganization process - the “cents for dollar” tax treatment
- Corporate tax and transfer pricing updates and trends
Afternoon Session – Latin America
- Oil & gas industry taxation overview
- Customs special regimes and tax incentives
- Structures and tips for corporate reorganization, assets and stock acquisition
- VAT and indirect tax issues
- Energy tax reform in Mexico and Colombia – what to expect
For additional information, please contact Amanda Valente at +1 312 701 7952 or AValente@mayerbrown.com.