Please join us for a discussion about the ongoing challenges facing financial institutions and investors when dealing with Loan Portfolio Transactions. Our panelists will examine current market conditions and offer practical suggestions for addressing regulatory, accounting and tax issues.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- Loan and NPL sales year in review and what to expect in 2014
- Regulatory, accounting and tax issues: What investors need to know
- LSTA’s take on regulatory challenges to the loan market
- How are FATCA and the Volcker Rule impacting the market so far?
- What is the expected impact of Basel III?
- FASB and GAAP – new rules, new interpretations
- Structuring portfolio sales – recent experiences and perspectives
- Risk retention and risk avoidance structures
- Servicing issues
- International transactional experiences – making the deal happen
- United Kingdom
- United States and Puerto Rico