The 6th DVFA Life Science Symposium focuses on innovative R&D and marketing strategies in Pharma, Biotech, Consumer Health, Diagnostics and Medtech. Industry experts will discuss their individual approaches to increased regulatory hurdles, reimbursement challenges, stronger demand for cost-effective therapies and the changing healthcare environment in the wake of Obamacare, Accountable Care Organisations, discount agreements with statutory health insurances and Health Technology Assessment Agencies such as IQWIG and NICE. New strategies and innovative products are needed in all areas of healthcare in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Pharma 2020 – From Vision to Decision
Dr. Volker Fitzner, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- Innovative Strategies in R & D to increase efficiency
Stefan Frings MD, Global Head Medical Affairs Oncology, ROCHE
- Innovative Diagnostics: Case Study QuantiFERON
Tobias Ruckes, Senior Director Head of Emerging Business & Marketing MDx Europe, QIAGEN N.V.
- Innovative Antibodies
Dr. Simon Moroney, CEO, MorphoSys AG
- Consumer Health / OTC
Wolfram Gollin, Leiter Group Management Marketing, STADA Arzneimittel AG
- Innovative Strategies in the Medtech sector
Prof. Dr. Jörg Vienken, VP BioSciences, Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland GmbH
- Medtech: Getting access to innovations via M&A – from a legal perspective
Christof Gaudig, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP Rechtsanwälte
- Innovations in Cardiology
Stephan Wehselau, CFO, JenaValve Technology Inc.
- Innovative Strategies in the Pharmaceuticals sector from a capital market perspective
Moderation: Dr. med. Markus Manns, Union Investment Privatfonds GmbH, Chairman DVFA Commission Life Science
- Innovative Strategies in the Medtech sector from a capital market perspective
Moderation: Dr. iur. Dr. med. Adem Koyuncu, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP Rechtsanwälte
The symposium is geared to company representatives, sector specialists, investment professionals as well as practicians and representatives from research institutions.
By invitation only. Participation is free of charge.