This teleconference will provide corporate tax professionals with approaches to streamline compliance and cope with the challenge of disparate regulations for mandatory combined reporting of state income tax. The panel will highlight the important differences in the group formation rules of key combined reporting state.
The panel will review the most challenging areas of combined reporting mandates, such as:
- Keeping up with the latest state actions in legislatures, revenue agencies and courts, and outlook for future moves on combined reporting.
- Differentiating between states' definitions of the "unitary group" concept.
- Navigating ownership thresholds and the inclusion of special entities such as insurance subsidiaries and REITs.
- Addressing numerous states' regulations and compliance demands as a multi-state company.
- Understanding the recent trend toward "non-mandatory" or "discretionary" combination.
Mayer Brown Speaker:
For more information or to register, please click here.