In the expanding world of intellectual property litigation, the rules are ever changing, making it increasingly difficult to safeguard your company. Virtually every business has intellectual property to protect; understanding the changing landscape is paramount in protecting your company’s interests and assets.
We invite you to join colleagues from important administrative agencies, private practice, the judiciary and academia to discuss hot topics and recent developments in patent law, including:
- Tips and Trends for Litigating Patent Cases in the Federal Courts
- America Invents Act: One Year Later—Post Grant Proceedings & Strategies
- Section 101—State of the Law Regarding Business Methods and Software Patents
- The In-House Counsel Perspective: How Do Companies Assess the Threat of Litigation?
SPECIAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS
We will be joined for a special address by Bernard Knight, General Counsel of the USPTO. As an instrumental executive responsible for the development and implementation of the America Invents Act, including drafting legislation, regulations and guidance documents, he will deliver valuable insights for the intellectual property community and provide a behind-the-scenes look at the inner workings of the agency.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon. Marvin J. Garbis, District Judge, District of Maryland
- Hon. Thomas B. Pender, Administrative Law Judge, US International Trade Commission
- Hon. Arthur J. Schwab, District Judge, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Hon. Leonard P. Stark, District Judge, District of Delaware
- Hon. James T. Moore, Vice Chief Administrative Patent Judge, US Patent and Trademark Office
- Edward M. Blocker, IP&S Manager Healthcare, Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Stephen Calogero, Vice President, Managing Assistant General Counsel, Lead IP Counsel, CA Technologies
- Steven L. Carson, Vice President, General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Fellowes, Inc.
- Q. Todd Dickinson, Executive Director, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Janet Gongola, Patent Reform Coordinator, US Patent and Trademark Office (AIA and USPTO Regulations)
- John LaBarre, IP Litigation Manager, Google
- Theodore C. Morris, Assistant General Counsel & Assistant Secretary, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- Michael I. Otner, General Counsel, Medidata Solutions, Inc.
CLE credit for the program is pending.
For additional information, please contact Nura Williams at +1 202 263 3845 or email@example.com.Please visit: