Free parking in building
Brazil’s recent announcement that its long-expected 11th round auction of oil and gas prospects will take place in May 2013 makes our upcoming seminar particularly timely. The seminar will include analysis of the main tax considerations for US oil and gas company operations in Brazil and other topics of importance to US companies doing business in the Brazilian energy sector.
Please join us as members of our Energy and Tax practices address some of the tax issues and other challenges faced by US companies that do business in Brazil. The seminar is geared toward tax and finance professionals and in-house counsel involved in the Brazilian energy market.
In the morning session, lawyers from the United States and Brazil will cover the latest updates on Brazil tax structures; recent developments will be discussed during the afternoon session. Topics to be covered include the following:
- New developments on REPETRO and other special customs regimes
- ICMS (VAT tax) new issues and developments
- Tax structures and transaction flows related to charter and service contracts
- Service tax levied on special offshore field services
- New developments on taxation of the purchase of foreign services
- Planning and structuring expatriates work force in Brazil
For additional information, please contact Gigi Zientek at +1 713 238 2613 or email@example.com.